Today I bring you the Triple Stack, which basically reminds me of pancakes, but for this rendition it means three rounds of the main set.
As I tend to do on Monday:
- Pulling of 1000-1500
- Distance focus with some stuff over 400's
- Skills and drills at the start (but I do that with all workouts, so not much different there)
3x300 on 30" rest
- #1: choice
- #2: 50 kick/50 swim w/fins
- #3: 50 drill/50 swim w/fins
*Drill: Thumb Drag drill: https://youtu.be/j97Hjtal7Vc?list=PLQNRt0Ix5GD5LRUCUGOFOkDBo1snRnquO
- Focus on high elbows and after you touch your armpit then fully extend your hand outward before entering the water.
- Drill video is from :30-:52
(900 warm up)
Main Set x3
400 pull on 30" rest
- Desc by round to 85%
2x150 on 20" rest
- #1: 50 thumb drag drill/100 cruise and focus on high elbows
- #2: Breath every 3rd/5th/3rd stroke by 50.
(700 round/2100 main/3000 total)
50 easy swim
2x25 finger drag drill
100 easy swim - focus on ending with good form
(200 warm down)